Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Printout of all the requirements?

Printout of all the requirements? 2 years 7 months ago #209

• robin
  • Fresh Boarder
I can print out the information listed on showing primula, but it's tedious. Is there a way to print a PDF of it all or is there even a booklet somewhere that's available?

I believe the 2016 show will be in Portland and I'm hoping to have some entries...

Robin Hansen
North Bend, OR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Printout of all the requirements? 2 years 5 months ago #210

• rhondda
  • Thank you received: 4
We don't have a booklet or print-out of all the information on showing and judging. As a primula judge, I can summarize the important points involved in showing in fairly simple terms.
1) Make sure your plant is properly identified as to species or variety or type, for example. P.halleri (species), P. allionii 'Broadwell Milkmaid' (named variety of a species) or Double primrose 'Dawn Ansell' (named type).
2) Check the schedule of classes and put your plant in the correct class for judging. make sure you complete an entry card for each plant you enter.
3) Enter healthy plants in clean pots.
4) Make sure to groom your plants - no dead or faded flowers, no dead or yellowing leaves, and no 'wildlife' like slugs or aphids.
5) Have fun.

The more stringent requirements are for special classes, for example Gold-edged Polyanthus and the show schedule of classes usually gives the basic judging criteria.

I hope you do come with your plants to the show in Portland in April. There will be people there to help you set up and to give you advice. An up-to-date Show schedule will appear on the website in the new year.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds

Please support our sponsors:

Please update your Flash Player to view content.